Welcome to Buzz – our little place to do some important catching up.
• Welcome to our new advertisers!Please check out Carson House in Kingston, a new and exciting consignment store (front page), the 2nd Canada International Culture and Art Festival being held in Toronto (page 2), another new show is being produced by Mercatus Events (page 19) and Royal LePage has joined us with a gorgeous property for sale (page 24). We’re happy to have you with us in the WT!
• If possible, we urge you to support our troops by attending the Invictus Games from September 23 to September 30, 2017, featuring 17 nations, 500 competitors and 1,500 volunteers who will be in Toronto for the Games. For information please visit: www.invictusgames2017.com (page 9)
• We want to thank Antiques on Highway 48 (page 31) for their understanding and patience when an incorrect advertisement was inadvertently placed in the last issue which showed them being closed on Tuesday and Wednesdays in July and August, which they were NOT. Sincere apologies, we felt terrible about this. (Please refer to ad on page 31 for their current hours.)
• Congratulations to Courtland Treasures in Delhi, Ontario – they are celebrating ten years! We wish them many, many more.(page 8)
* Exciting news from Antique Shows Canada. Jeff and Wendy Gadsden will be re-introducing the Port Carling Antique Show in the beautiful Muskokas next year on July 27 & 28, 2018. This will replace the Orillia Midsummer Show. For updates and full show listings visit www.antiqueshowscanada.com
• We have been told that the fall Bala Antique Show has been discontinued. After enjoying for many years, we know it will be missed by many.
* A sad farewell to the Inglewood Antique Market in Caledon (front page) who has been with the Wayback Times since the beginning. The market will be closing in mid-October which is very sad news for all the people who have enjoyed it since 1992. We’ll miss Annette and Phil and wish them all the very best in their retirement.
• After their enormous move, Southworks Antiques (page 5) is having a Grand Opening at their new location, 73 Water Street North. This will take place Thursday, September 28 through Sunday, October 1. Be sure to drop by and say hi and have a look around.
• Beginning with our January 2018 publication, the Wayback Times will become a quarterly paper, published every three months. More info to follow in our next issue.